[RTTY] My gripe

WW3S ww3s at zoominternet.net
Sun Jan 28 16:08:54 EST 2007

This may be caused by the offenders using some ever popular software
incorrectly. N1MM Contest logger, which is free and becoming more and more
popular, especially for RTTY, has a "feature" called spot all s/p stations.
When invoked, this will spot all stations that one works as they tune up and
down the band. Now MM is some pretty powerful software (I've used it for a
few years now and really like it) and it has some special features built in
depending on whether one is running or S/P. Now, if one has the software set
wrong, or is not paying attention, it's possible ( not probable but
possible) to be running stations and the software to think you are in S/P.
If you have spot all s/p turned on, and you happen to be running, you will
spot all the dx on your frequency. Not sure how often it happens, but I can
sya it's possible because it happened to me when I first started using it.

73, Jamie WW3S