[RTTY] getting started

Tad Danley tdanley at suddenlink.net
Sun Jun 3 19:42:54 EDT 2007

After many years - and one false start - I would like to get back into
rtty contesting.  I have started to look around at the AA5AU and
rttycontesting web sites and have a couple of questions before I go on.
I'll be running an IC-756Pro2, with a microKEYER and WriteLog on an xp
machine.  I want to run FSK.

To get started, should I run the rtty program that comes with WriteLog,
or use MMTTY instead?

For 'sound card FSK' mode I assume the rig sends the rx audio to the pc
sound card and terminal software for decoding via the microKEYER, and
the terminal software sends FSK commands to the rig via the microKEYER
for transmitting.  Do I understand that correctly?  Also, I think the
Pro2 should be in RTTY mode, right?

Thanks in advance and 73,

--
Tad Danley, K3TD