[RTTY] RTTY with an Icom radio

pcooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Thu Jun 7 10:47:55 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Jim, if it is an IC765 (rather than an IC756), then I would suggest it probably isn't much better than the FT990.

Bill seemed to think it was an IC756, and if that is the case, the basic IC756, whilst good, and with a spectrum display, does not have totally digital filtering, and needs extra filters to be added if they aren't already.
However, the Pro series DOES contain all digital filtering, and this is excellent.

Personally, I use an IC756Pro, and this is an excellent radio. All of the Pro series seem to be aimed at RTTY, and I am very pleased with mine.
I can't see much in the way of difference between the Pro and ProII, but as I haven't played with a ProIII, I can't comment, other than I can only assume it is the same but better!

If you can find a second hand Pro, then I would go for that, rather than the IC765.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP