[RTTY] GU0SUP ANARTS

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Jun 11 13:38:19 EDT 2007

Hi all,

This was always going to be a bit of a part time effort from me, as it was
my XYL's 50th birthday on Friday!
I knew I would not be doing much until after lunch time, and even then
thought it would be a bit sporadic.

I finally got to the shack around 1230UTC, and my first contact was with
EI6HB on 20m! Working G/ON/PA on 20m is always a sign of poor conditions,
and I was a little surprised to work Andrei NP3D/NY2 for the 2nd contact.

I just dabbled on and off during the afternoon, and I gave up around 1900UTC
as 40m was just full of static and 80m was as quiet as the grave!
I didn't get started too early on Sunday morning either, and after a few
hours, I spent a while trying to work 3B7SP on 17m RTTY, and failed.
Around 1730UTC, they were spotted on 30m RTTY, so I tried that, and happily
got in after about 3 calls, so was more than pleased with that.

No sign of any VK's, or even ZM2A for that matter, but I did work E21YDP,
VR2XLN, YB4IR.
LU, YV, and PY were worth the points too, but for most of the time, it was
all zone 14/15 for 2/3 points.
I did call CQ quite a bit, and had some fun for a while, but missed W7OM and
N6QQ, both of whom were quite strong here.
I think it is a while since I missed out on Mike K4GMH, but I had no copy on
him at all (SRI Mike!).

Despite that, it was great to find 10m open, even for a short while, and 15m
was too bad either.

Thanks to all for the points, and the fun. I will see some of you in
Friedrichshafen next week!

My log is now on LoTW, but cards are welcome too.

Here is what I managed:

Single OP., All Band
 	 QSOs	Points	DX:	Call Areas
80m: 	9	29	8	0