[RTTY] Anarts exchanges

Tom Moore wx4tm at tm-moore.com
Mon Jun 11 17:34:03 EDT 2007

If we are to believe that the rules call for  "RST, Time UTC,  and CQ
Zone" - in that order, with the UTC affixed, as listed by the rules, then it
follows that we must "use Amateur bands 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 Metres" in
that order!!! Reading of the rules states only: "Messages: to consist of
RST, Time UTC,  and CQ Zone".  It says "consists". It does not say "in that
order".

I saw al ot of times affixed with "UTC", and I saw a lot of reports listing
RST ZONE TIME and I saw a lot of reports sending RST TIME ZONE.   For about
as long as I can remember, the RST ZONE TIME format has been used in this
contest with minor exception, because, I suppose, that's the way its set up
on the log line of WL which has been the predominate contesting program over
the years. No one, to my knowledge has ever suggested this form of exchange
was not within the rules. Nor have I ever heard of anyone ever being
penalized for using it, nor have I ever heard of anyone from ANARTS
complaining about it or making an issue of it.

I think this is a non-issue

73, Tom WX4TM