[RTTY] Survey

Ed Steeble esteeble at sc.rr.com
Tue Jun 19 12:14:43 EDT 2007

Bill,

When DXing (i.e. tuning) I use 1) speaker/head fone
then 2) narrow in via spectrum scope
and 3) fine tune with the Crosses ellipses

In contests I use the spectrum scope.

73, Ed
K3IXD

To: rtty at contesting.com

A question was raised on the CQ-Contest reflector whether RTTY
operators used a speaker/headphones to listen to RTTY or if they used
only a tuning indicator of some kind.

Please reply stating how you tune and I will post the results to both
reflectors. You can reply either privately or to the reflector.

1. Do you use either speaker or headphones when tuning for RTTY
signals?

2. What type of tuning indicator do you use? (Crossed ellipses,
spectrum scope, waterfall, LEDs, other)

Thanks,

Bill W6WRT