[RTTY] Survey

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Tue Jun 19 14:36:49 EDT 2007

Bill,

I use headphones mostly, sometimes turn on the speaker when my ears need a rest.

I have all three indicators in MMTTY/N1MM running (waterfall, tuning scope, and bandscope). I fine tune using the bandscope although after 40 years of RTTY I can tune by ear and be within 30 Hz without looking.

BTW, I don't use the ellipses in MMTTY, rather the Demodulator = FIR, which gives a very crisp plus symbol on the display.

As I mentioned on the other reflector, running without a speaker or headphones on RTTY makes as much sense as running CW or SSB without them!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN