[RTTY] Survey

aa5au at bellsouth.net aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 19 20:25:27 EDT 2007

Headphones & elipses (with MMTTY).  Using a speaker is OK if you are SO1R, but when operating SO2R, using speakers will drive you batty in a very short time.

O-scope tuning works well for me.  However, I think the tuning indicator that comes with WriteLog's WinRTTY decoder is better.  I loved using the HAL RTTY-1 indicator and it's very good (mine got zapped by lightening a few years ago and I never got around to repairing it).  Even though similar in appearance to the RTTY-1, the indicator on the DXP-38 does not work in the same way and is very inadequate as a tuning indicator.  It's a weird deal, both look alike.

73, Don