[RTTY] 2007 RTTY Contesting Survey Results

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 4 12:23:25 EST 2007

Results of the 2007 RTTY Contesting survey are now available at:

http://rttycontesting.com/2007survey/2007surveyresults.html

The support was tremendous and thanks to all 857 participants who took part in the survey. Although none of the statistics were a
big surprise to me, I do have some personal opinions:

1. N1MM Logger has grown into a very popular program for RTTY Contesting.  I believe there are two reasons for this - it's free and
it uses the MMTTY engine that allows EXTFSK if needed.

2. "Other" RTTY programs should have been addressed more thoroughly in the survey with a dialog box to find out what "other"
software is being used.  I know RTCL is growing fast in Japan.  Elsewhere, I feel many are still using WF1B because of RITTY by
K6STI.  But what "other" programs are being used?  I'd like to know the answers and should have asked, but didn't.  "Other" is
ranked 3rd in the 2007 results!

3. What is the best RTTY Contesting program?  That wasn't the question I was trying to answer with the survey.  And although I am
biased in my opinion, the results seem to favor WriteLog.  WriteLog is not free, but it still ranks #1.

Hope you enjoy the results.  Perhaps it will make for interesting discussion on the reflectors until BARTG comes around!

73 & thanks again,
Don AA5AU