[RTTY] 2007 RTTY Contesting Survey Results

Dave Hachadorian K6LL at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 5 10:55:51 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Turner" <dezrat at copper.net>
To: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au at bellsouth.net>
Cc: <rtty at contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 3:29 PM
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 2007 RTTY Contesting Survey Results

There is one major advantage to Writelog for RTTY. Writelog
takes the incoming character stream and compares it against
the AA5AU database for possible embedded callsigns. For
example, in the sequence FDR8EK7WM6CVDF, Writelog will
highlight K7WM as a callsign. Just press the ENTER key and
K7WM 599 CA will be sent. If you are on the receiving end of
a pileup, or if copy is marginal, this feature is
invaluable. N1MM needs a nice clean freestanding word that
"looks" like a generic callsign before it will identify the
word as a callsign.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.