[RTTY] Mark or Space only?

Vilnis Vosekalns yl2kf at arrl.net
Fri Mar 9 16:25:16 EST 2007

Hello Don .
  Really do not know it this help if steady tone is
coming out instead of 170 Hz shifted two tones.
Probably, if looking from theory side, two 170 Hz shifted
tones should produce some sidetones and QRM should be
more perfect, but anyway, this was not Your question.

So, in software in setup MMTTY under TX is
option DIDDLES , check to NONE and QRM machine
is ready for You. In the same time not so good setting
for real use of this softfare  - DIDDLES ON is one
of most important and tricky invention to send RTTY
over radio. RX side from two tone diddles determine shift
and speed (some maybe remember a AEA modems like PK-900
with auto mode determination). Ja, and fast
tuning with RX to diddled signal is easy, instead
if only steady tone is on air (is it Mark or Space? ).
For final final , please read help file section "TX Tab"
and maybe You find something interesting and,
for sure, new for You.

73
Vilnis / YL2KF
p.s. With only 100 w and wires, so do't put a tone near me  ;-)