[RTTY] My apologies ???

Rick Mintz Rmintz at Rochester.rr.com
Sun Mar 18 09:08:30 EST 2007

While operating BARTG RTTY on 40 meters a station came on freq, telling me that my signal was wide, covering most of the band. (around 1325z-1340z, March 18)

I went to a wide filter and found a CW station doing just that... very, very wide.

Having VERY limited CW skills I found the station to be K8JQ, but I definitely can be a bit off on the callsign. The signal would alternate from perfect to very raspy over the course of a few minutes. I subsequently had a couple of ops listen to my signal with wide filters and all reports were positive.

My apologies to K8JQ if I got the call wrong. But if there is an equipment problem, it is better to know about it.

Rick W2RTY