[RTTY] RTTY TopList question

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Mar 19 18:57:04 EST 2007

--- Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq at ambersoft.com> wrote:

> So does the RTTY TopList only count "pure RTTY" QSOs, or does it count
> confirmed QSOs made in digital modes that the ARRL counts as RTTY?

My list, my rules :-)

My original intention was for only Baudot (true RTTY) QSOs.  I realize that in
some logging programs it may be difficult to separate RTTY out from other
digital QSOs.

My list is also different in that I allow WORKED entities, since I don't expect
everyone is trying to confirm all RTTY band countries, esp. on 30/17/12m
(though I'm sure some are).  I'm just trying to stir up activity in these times
of low-sunspots -- it's certainly spurred me on to get about the 1000 mark.

I'm trying to learn PHP and MySQL so I can put a database behind the Top List
(I won't have to enter the data into the web by hand).  At that point, I will
probably allow all digital QSOs (maybe separate from RTTY but could be
combined).  And if there are PSK reflectors, probably will have to let them
know also.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us