[RTTY] RTTY or PSK?

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Thu Mar 29 15:38:15 EST 2007

Hello once more!

Having just compiled the VK2SG RTTY DX Notes for the past week, I have been
trawling through all the RTTY spots generated, and I keep seeing spots for
RTTY on 14.070 or 21.070.
And over the last week, there were even a few for RTTY on 28.120.
These are all PSK frequencies, so anything on those frequencies listed as
RTTY was ignored.
However, when it comes to 30m and 17m, it is not so easy.

Why are so many folk seemingly thinking PSK is actually RTTY? Or are there
really folk operating RTTY on the PSK frequencies?

Just a observational comment from me, nothing more.

73 de Phil GU0SUP