[RTTY] Elecraft K3 - Computerless PSK31/RTTY

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu May 3 08:26:06 EDT 2007

>W4ZV:
>
> >         This is going to do wonders for expeditions
> >using digital modes!  I've never used digital before
> >but I'll bet the digital community will be thanking you
> >for all the expeditions they work once the K3 starts
> >shipping.  Truly an incredible innovation!

W6WRT:

>And how will these DXPeditions do their logging? By hand?

         Yes there are expeditions who still do
logging by hand.  Ever heard of Baldur DJ6SI or
Rudi DK7PE?  This would be the perfect rig for
those who like to travel light or who may only
have casual interest in RTTY (me for example).
Would I bother with RTTY otherwise?  No way.
Would I try it with a K3?  Probably.

                         73,  Bill  W4ZV