[RTTY] JT65A

Scott Schultz scottaschultz at juno.com
Wed May 9 19:02:53 EDT 2007

Those tones really are JT65A. If you listen long enough, you will hear a CW ID at the end of the transmission (at least one side of it) and what I heard was K1JT, Joe Taylor. I sent him a not asking what mode it was and he confirmed what we already know.

Scott N0IU
Here is his reply:

Hi Scott,

You heard me using the digital mode known as JT65A.  It is designed for extremely weak-signal work -- primarily EME on the VHF/UHF bands -- but has recently become popular on the HF bands, as well.  You can read about it and download WSJT, the program that implements JT65, at
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/ .  You can read about HF use of the program at http://www.obriensweb.com/bozoguidejt65a.htm .

-- 73, Joe, K1JT