[RTTY] Use of Oscilloscope In RTTY

Jack West XP w7ld at theriver.com
Thu Nov 29 22:36:32 EST 2007

I agree with Bill.

After you are used to a real oscilloscope X/Y response, the digital
displays via software seem rubbery and slower to respond no matter
how fast of computer you have.

About ten years ago I bought three Computer Patch CP-1 units
for use with the Commodore C-64, all for the sum of $35.00 at a ham fair.

I  use one of them do drive the display of my SM-220 monitor
scope in RTTY mode.  The CP-1 requires power (18 volts AC),
anudio in from the transciever, and the X/Y outputs go to the oscilloscope.

I also have the software X/Y displays going but I really prefer the
snappy oscilloscope.

73
de Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"