[RTTY] CQ WW DX RTTY - K7RE

Brian Kassel k7re at arrl.net
Mon Oct 1 11:40:07 EDT 2007

Friday and Saturday saw abysmal propagation here, but Sunday was much
better.  Never thought that I would be able to work
  60+ DXCC countries on 20M at the bottom of the solar cycle  in one
easy weekend, and from the frozen north where the propagation gods have
forsaken us.   Still, I saw many times when east coast stations were
easily working EU and not a peep or squeal seen or heard here from EU.
I only put in about 20 hours as my single  band effort ran into early
20M band closings. I was relegated to mostly S&P,  as calling CQ almost
always gave me very low rates. I ran 300-400 watts.   I missed MI and OK
as well as all of the close in 7 land states.  I didn't even work WA for
the first and only time until late Sunday!  Lousy propagation for
stateside here.  Thanks to  all of the rare ones that showed up to make
this a very fun   event, and of course to the contests sponsors as well.

Band : 20M
           Power : LOW
            Mode : RTTY
Default Exchange : 04 SD

ARRL Section : SD
       Club/Team :
         Software: N1MM Logger V7.9.2

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty   ZN    Sec
          14     400     674   62   21   38
       Total     400     674   62   21   38

           Score : 81,554

             Rig : SDR-1000 and ALS-500M amplifier, 2 ea. 3 element
triband beams on separate towers.

Brian K7RE