[RTTY] Some stats from the contest

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Oct 1 15:22:11 EDT 2007

Hi all,

At the risk of boring you all, I will keep this short!

We've all moaned about the poor propagation, but I have just used SH5 on my
log, and the stats are quite interesting.

My 500+ contacts were made up as follows:
W - 10%	52 Q's
DL - 9.4%	48 Q's
UA3 - 6.8%	35 Q's
IK - 6.3%	32 Q's
UA9 - 4.5%	23 Q's
SP - 4.3%	22 Q's
UT - 3.9%	20 Q's
And so on, but interesting to note that I made more Q's with W's than anyone
else.

And out of the 500+, there were 428 unique callsigns, of which I only worked
4O3A on 5 bands, CT9M and CT9L on 4 bands, and only 13 others on 3 bands.

For continents, these are the stats:
EU - 44 countries
AS - 10
NA - 5
SA - 3
AF - 6
OC - 4

Maybe things weren't as bad as they could have been??? Surely they can't get
worse???

73 all

Phil GU0SUP