[RTTY] RE - From the 3B7C team

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Wed Oct 3 13:02:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

PLEASE don't shoot the messenger! I was only passing on the viewpoint from
the "other side" of the pile-up.

And yes, I agree that it may well be preaching to the converted for most of
us, but there are always new folk joining the reflector who may appreciate
the advice.

One point I would make is that many of the folk who were causing grief when
some of us were trying to work the team were just not RTTY ops, but simply
folk joining in the race to get them on as many band-slots as possible.
Some of these guys just don't realise how to conduct a RTTY contact,
especially a DXPedition type contact, and won't be on this reflector anyway.

I will pass on all thoughts - good and bad - to Don G3BJ, as that may well
give him an insight into our views.

Very best 73

Phil GU0SUP