[RTTY] MMVARI

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Thu Oct 4 10:59:58 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:15:17 +0000, VE2FWW <ve2fww at globetrotter.net>
wrote:

>Anybody tried MMVARI as a RTTY ecoder and compared to MMTTY???

Using two separate computers, I compared the two when MMVARI first
came out and found it slightly better than MMTTY for pulling the weak
ones out of the noise. If it had FSK transmit capability I would
probably use it in place of MMTTY.

I have done this side by side comparison between many combinations of
TNCs and soundcard programs and the winner overall is a tie between
RiTTY by K6STI and a HAl ST-8000. Others have reported similar
results.

Bill W6WRT