[RTTY] single op, 1 radio, 2 recvrs

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Fri Oct 12 01:46:51 EDT 2007

Bob,

You know I can't let this pass.

SO2R means exactly what it says ... its history goes all the way
back to guys that had multiple radios (and amplifiers) tuned up
are ready to go on several bands.  They changed bands by changing
radios.

As radios have become smaller and faster to tune (no tune) and
amplifiers have become auto-tune, etc. some of the three, four
and five radio stations have gone away.  However, the primary
rule is still only one signal at a time.  There is not (and
should not be) any rule that prohibits an operator from using a
second receiver to check a "dead" band for openings or to tune
another band for multipliers while CQing ... or if he has the
skill working multipliers on a second band instead of reading
magazines when the rate gets slow on Sunday afternoon.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV