[RTTY] Soundcard Query

Contesting contesting at m5aav.org.uk
Mon Oct 15 18:27:26 EDT 2007

Greetings RTTYers

The system here has an AC97 builtin soundcard, which, while adequate is
as we all know not exactly top drawer.

As I also run soundcard software [MixW] for Amateur Radio datamodes, it
has had to perform multiple functions, even though the settings change
from application to application - something now easily controlled by
'Quick Mix'.

Now the idea was as follows. Install a second soundcard for Datamodes,
leaving the AC97 for 'muzak', and a friend has kindly supplied me with a
Soundblaster Live, which has been duly installed.

The only problem is,  that it has disabled the AC97 [seemingly a
bios/motherboard function, leaving me back where I was. Does any kind
soul on here know how to 're-enable' the AC97 to allow the simultaneous
use of both soundcards, allowing me to select which is the 'system
default' and which I want to use for specific applications/ [MixW will
allow this switching/selection if only it could see the AC97 as well.]

Thanks

Graham M5AAV