[RTTY] Band Plan and RTTY contesting

Don Cassel ve3xd at rogers.com
Mon Oct 22 13:04:33 EDT 2007

It's really a problem being up on all of the possible beacons you might
interfere with. I don't normally operate in this area of the band but that
happened to be the only clear frequency that I found at the time. I could
not hear any beacon so would have been unaware that I was interfering with
one. I suspect that I wasn't and if I heard a beacon I would have moved.
Also I'm a low power station so it's unlikely I would be splattering my FSK
signal very wide. In fact the "police" was very loud, likely high power and
he would have been more of a problem to beacon hunters than my station.
Anyway it was an interesting experience.

Don VE3XD