[RTTY] JARTS - VE3GSI SO LP

Eric - VE3GSI ve3gsi at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 23 11:25:01 EDT 2007

As always, it was nice to see the usual RTTY gang in the contest and this
time it seems the number of new contest Ops have grown. So a big welcome
aboard to all the newbie's and hope to see you all again in the next RTTY
'test, don't forget to bring your friends. I was pleasantly surprised when
C91R answered my CQ when earlier I heard him expertly working on one of the
biggest pileups on the band. Thank you Rodrigo for the Q from Mozambique!

There were lots of interesting macro's from the new 'kids' in the contest.
None of these macros were really no different than the first time my overly
long rig heating macros were sent a number of years back. Still though, I
hear a few regular RTTY contest fellows that run marathon macros. Not a
major problem, gives me time to gulp a coffee and grab a handful of treats
from the snack bowl.

As for the average age sent, it seems I am close to the magic average
numbers that some of you guys have reported. The youngest station Op to get
logged here was 13, sorry Eilif for asking for a repeat your age, you really
caught me off guard with that exchange. A hardy congratulations for you to
take on the sport of contesting at your age. We all hope to see you on again
and again for many years to come. My contesting hat goes off to the other
teens worked and logged hear as well.  The old timers for me this year came
from a couple of fellows with the age of 82, it was a pleasure to work you
gents. I will be looking for your exchange or 83 next year.

If I could make one suggestion to our fine JA sponsors, it would be with the
exchange from the team players. I think it would add interest and fun to the
exchange if we had a total sum of the ages from the Multi-Op members.
Regardless, thanks to the JA radio operators who work hard on putting this
fun contest together.

As always, my log is in LoTW, which by-the-way, has already had many
electronic verifications from this contest. Many thanks!  For those that are
looking for wallpaper, the bureau works for me too.

And finally, my summary as a SO LP station:

 Band  QSOs  Pts   Mults
   80:  128   257    18
   40:  109   228    35
   20:  364   954    76
   15:  132   367    52
   10:    1     2     1
Total:  734  1808   172  Total Score = 310,976

>From Canada,
Eric - VE3GSI