[RTTY] CQ WW RTTY DX Contest 2007

Ekki Plicht (DF4OR) ep at plicht.de
Thu Sep 6 08:58:22 EDT 2007

On Thursday 06 September 2007, Byron Lichtenwalner wrote:
> Rainer
> Will you be operating on 80 Meters?
> Conditions there have been improving over the last few weeks.

I allow myself to answer on behalf of Rainer:
Yes, we will be operating 80, all bands in fact. What mode do you need?

The CW ops before the CQWW RTTY contest will begin on Wednesday, 28. sept. in
the evening with a vertical, other antennas will follow on Thursday and
Friday.

We will have a Butternut HF-6V vertical (10 to 80m) and a dipole for 40/80m,
plus one or two spiderbeams for 10-20m (incl. WARC).

From the experience of the last years it will be tough working US stations on
80m, but if condx are just a little better than marginal it should work.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR (HB0/DF4OR in CQWW)