[RTTY] WF1B country file

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Sep 10 14:52:12 EDT 2007

--- Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> What ASCII file does WF1B use to generate its country files?  If the answer
> is "CQWW.CTY" (ala CT8 and earlier days), then I am all set.
>
> I am going to try to make a scaled-down file that keeps within the
> limitations of the WF1B conversion program (fewer than 340 entities,
> fewer than 1700 prefixes).

I got the conversion utility COUNTRY.EXE.  I discovered that it can read in
either CQWW.CTY (CT7/8-format) or CTY.DAT (CT9/10 format).  So I'm all set
there.

Does WF1B try to use CQ zone information from the country file to pre-load the
zone when logging a QSO?  Does it use ZONE OVERRIDE information from the
country file?  For example, let's pick an older call, VE2CVI in Zone 2.  If you
try to log VE2CVI, does WF1B try to pre-fill Zone 2, or Zone 5?  The same goes
for the UA9 prefixes.  Does WF1B know that UA9I or UA0A is in CQ Zone 18?  What
about VK6 and VK8 in CQ Zone 29, or any of the VE prefixes (VE1-VE9, VO1, VO2,
VY0, VY1, VY2)?

I need this information so I can determine what I need to keep, and what I can
get rid of when converting a CTY.DAT file to WF1B format.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/0, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us