[RTTY] free PCMCIA cards for CT networking

Dave at KA1N.CN Dave at KA1N.CN
Wed Sep 12 23:06:30 EDT 2007

I am trying to get rid of a bunch of 3C589D PCMCIA cards (some are the -TP kind). See http://tinyurl.com/yw4rff for a picture.  These work with CT under DOS.  The packet driver are online.  However, there seems to be some issues with the packet driver on Pentium III 500 processors or faster.  See http://tinyurl.com/2megau .

I also have EC2T cards.  These also work with CT.  However, quite frankly, I have spent too much time dealing with intermittent connections in these dongles for my taste.  Unlike the 3c589s, they seem to work on just about all computers.  See http://tinyurl.com/2znd6x for a picture.

Unlike the stuff you see at hamfests or on Ebay, all of these cards include dongles!

Anyway, if you are putting some older laptops to good use, and you would like a couple of these, drop me a line and we can figure out how to get them to you.

Obviously, since they are free, I can't really make too many guarantees.  Also, I have an indeterminate, but finite supply, so I might run out.

73,
 Dave/KA1NCN
Dave at KA1N.CN
.