[RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

Ron K5DJ k5dj at austin.rr.com
Sat Sep 15 18:09:47 EDT 2007

Will this SO1R -vs- SO2R ever end!!!  Both categories are still and
have ALWAYS been the same category. SO2R means you have 2 radios you
can use, however you only use 1 radio at a time. Sooo, your still
SO1R at that time.

I guess the best way to end this discussion is DON'T say your SO2R,
list you score/high claimed score, as just another single op opr..

If you did create an SO1R category, it wouldn't take five minutes to
make an external receiver work with the band map. Click on the new
mult and bang you have a new mult. What's the difference, you still
have a little advantage in the test.

Now can we all be happy for a change! :-)

 73, de Ron K5DJ

Kok Chen wrote: "Since people are so opposed to an SO2R category, perhaps
what should
be created instead is an SO1R category, eh?"

Again, and again...you have it wrong!!!!! I don't know of anyone that is
"opposed" to SO2R, and they already have their own category...SO! The
creation of a SO1R category, has been proposed, from the start!

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW