[RTTY] CQ-Contest SO2R

Don Rand drand at infionline.net
Sun Sep 16 10:28:56 EDT 2007

I have been watching this "contest" devolve.  To my knowledge, contests have contest managers, rules committees, and yes, they do read these posts.

Contests were allowed, and encouraged by the regulating sources to encourage PERSONAL skills, operating procedures, and development of equipment capable of all types of emergency traffic.

Whether you are SO1R, SO2R, QRP, low, high, mult, multi-multi or anything else it is about your operating skills, and equipment.

I am not a contester.  I am a points giver.  Mississippi will never be a "desired" DX location.  I jump in the fray to evaluate my equipment, my antenna, and my operating skills.  I admire the skills and dedication of Shelby, Bill, Dick, and everyone else who hold 100+/hr rates throughout a contest period, and watching their skills and reading about their operating setups has improved my emergency operating skills.

Don Rand
KA5DON