[RTTY] SO1U CQ-Contest SO2R

ns5b at comcast.net ns5b at comcast.net
Wed Sep 19 02:20:10 EDT 2007

Some may be wearing "Depends", so they don't have to get up to pee?

I don't really did contests....but I did participate to the extent of picking up some "new ones" but other than that, I don't submit my log for scoring.

And it matters not if someone is a SO1R, or SO50R....the more MONEY you have to invest, the better equipment you can have, (which applies to ANY sport or hobby) and that does give you an advantage in that sense....but that doesn't guarantee you will do better than a SO1R op.

I can see how one would see this as an advantage, and it is in a way, but its allowed, and its within the rules. I have one radio that has all the filters, and one that doesn't. I can hear better on the one that does, therefore, it has an advantage. But neither radio will make me a better op.

This topic, like whether we should bring back CW on the license tests, and many other topics may fade for a little while, but will never really go away.

(guess I'm not helping either)  :(