[RTTY] 3B7C Press Release 20 Sept 2007

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Sep 20 21:45:32 EDT 2007

http://www.3b7c.com/PR7.htm

The good news is that we have some real successes, for example working the US
West Coast on 160 at our sunset, and consistent West Coast openings both short-
and long-path on 80 and 40. We started RTTY operations last weekend and
currently have about 3.5k RTTY QSOs in the log, many stations telling us that
3B7 is new for them on that mode. However, and with some reluctance, we have
decided not to work PSK31 as we feel this will very much be a repeat of those
stations we have already worked on RTTY (and bearing in mind that the RTTY DXCC
does not differentiate between data modes), whereas there is still a huge
demand on all the traditional modes. Indeed, this is perhaps the greatest
surprise - that with so many QSOs made from 3B7 in recent weeks the pile-ups
remain at a very high level when bands are open.

We will be very QRV over this coming weekend, trying to work round the SAC SSB
contest where possible (e.g. by working RTTY and/or CW on those bands during
the 24 hours of the contest). Station break-down will start on Monday 24th,
though we will try to keep at least some stations QRV until shortly before our
departure for Mauritius at first light on Wednesday 26th (i.e. around 0200
GMT). We have already been making efforts to work US General Class licencees in
their limited band segments and will, as promised, be looking for QRS CW
stations during the last few days of activity.