[RTTY] afsk vs fsk spotting

Mike k4gmh at arrl.net
Sat Sep 22 21:45:45 EDT 2007

Hello Art,

You are right about the AFSK off-set, it happens unless the S/W has a
means of correcting for the off-set.   MixW2 has a place to set in
the off-set.  Writelog doesn't.  Those are the two programs I'm familiar with.

I use AFSK with a 1 KHz off-set so I can use my narrow
filters.  MixW2 automatically computes a 1 KHz offset and that is
what is used in all the spots, etc.  WL using MMTTY, to my knowledge,
doesn't have a place to enter the off-set.