[RTTY] Viet Nam RTTY

James Douglass jdd at odsgc.net
Sun Apr 27 08:50:12 EDT 2008

Did anyone QSO K4V the special events station in Melbourne Florida
operating from the site of the Viet Nam Veterans reunion?
I had a nice chat with the operator, John, in which he told me they were
using an old Viet Nam era commo van with all "era vintage equipment"
They had an auxillary 60ma loop to a reader out in front of the van so
people could read the QSO's in progress. Neat.
They had a very good attendance and a lot of interest in the old rtty gear.
As I write this at 1245 UTC on Sunday morning here in Western Kansas
propagation on 80/40/20 is almost nil on rtty and some CW on 40. Come on
sunspots!!

73 -
Jim ACØE
Kansas