[RTTY] [Elecraft] Monitoring yourself

Jerry Flanders jeflanders at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 12:51:31 EDT 2008

Neat! I worked the SP DX RTTY contest yesterday. I could print lots
of 80M european RTTY stations in the contest from this netherlands
receiver with MMTTY running on the connected computer, but couldn't
even hear them on my own rx here in SC. Couldn't hear myself on their
rx when I TX'ed either, until midnight local time, and then only weakly.

I have bookmarked this one - would be very useful to compare
antennas, etc in the future. You can read signal levels from the meter.

I didn't try to record it, but this should be possible so you could
evaluate your audio after a test tx.

I wish they had other bands too for antenna test purposes. 160 and 20
would be good additions. Presently only lower sections of 80 and 40.

Jerry W4UK