[RTTY] DXCC via LoTW by Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Mon Apr 28 13:17:26 EDT 2008

Hi Bill.  What you wrote is almost true.  Following
your instructions it will give you the total in LOTW.
But it will not give you only credits in LOTW.  That
is, when I follow your instructions I get all my RTTY
credits, both LOTW and the credits I got from
submitting the cards over the years.

If you LINK your DXCC with LOTW then the result will
be a mixture of credits.

One of the most powerful parts of LoTW is now within
reach. If you have a DXCC award, you can link the data
from the DXCC program's computers right into LoTW.
Click on Link Account and you will be brought to a
screen that asks for the current call sign which is
listed for your DXCC award(s) and then you are asked
for any old or new call signs that may have been used.
Because so many of us have changed call signs, the
linking process is approved manually at HQ.

For the DXCC via LOTW by EW1AR-NP3D, I used DXBASE as
my logging program and I query it by asking for a list
of Prefixes, displaying each prefix only once, where
the mode is rtty and a LOTW received date is not
blank.  That way I get a true list without the credits
from cards sent in.

Hope I explain this well enough.

Joe K0BX

--- Bill Turner <dezrat at copper.net> wrote:

> Log into LoTW, click on the Awards tab, click on the
> DXCC Award Account
> button and it will list all your DXCC totals by band
> and mode, including
> RTTY.
>
> 73, Bill W6WRT

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without my permission.