[RTTY] TARA Grid Dip

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 3 16:40:54 EDT 2008

 Band     QSOs     Pts    Grd
     7       3       3      3
    14      69      69     64
    21       2       2      2
 Total      74      74     69
Score: 5,106

The TARA group asked for more RTTY ops in this contest and I think they got
their wish. My first time in this contest and it was a lot of fun. For the
time I could work it, the RTTY ops were plentiful.

Question: I had one call give me the "QSO B4" reply. He was not in my log
and was gone before I could tell him. Also, three calls answered my CQ, I
sent my exchange but I never received their exchange. My "AGN AGN" was
ignored. In these instances those calls can or will have me in their log and
I do not have them in my log. With the way TARA has you report your score
they get credit for a contact and I do not. TARA has no way of checking to
compare logs and therefore I lose one or four contacts. I like the very
simple reporting, but it does have some drawbacks. Not a big deal for me. I
just thought it was something I needed to point out. I had a lot of fun and
that was my goal.

73  Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26 at sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M