[RTTY] troubleshooting: RTTY FSK with USB>serial with both MMTTY/EXTFSK and Writelig w/MMTTY+software generated FSK

Stein Roar Brobakken & LA6FJA/K3RAG s-roabr at online.no
Tue Aug 12 17:56:02 EDT 2008

Hi

I am trying to config RTTY FSK with USB>serial comport with both programs
* MMTTY with/ EXFTFSK
*Writelig w/MMTTY+software generated FSK DTR (RTTYRite*it says should use
with USB COM with 5bit Baudot support... how can I change this ??)
I do use a normal FSK curcuit which works as normal on a computer with a PCI
card comport.

I wanna use a serial interace on my new HP shack computer, and now I have
tried to run same setup in both programs and I cannot get the diddling.
I dont get any diddles through this setup.I checked with setup in software.

I do run 9600 baud on the usb comport, but I only gets PTT and no diddling.
It works on a old laptop, but not on this new HP desktop.

Should I give up this USB > com interface ??
Or should i try higher or lower baudrate on the interface????

I know there is a lot of different USB>COM adaptors, but its strange it
works on the other old laptop.

Should I install the comport card for PCI ?

73s Rag LA6FJA

#-----------------------------------------------------------#
Stein Roar Brobakken   (aka Rag)
P.B. 5
NO-2853 Reinsvoll
Norway
mailto:la6fja at gmail.com
Radio Amateur Call: LA6FJA - K3RAG-DU1/K3RAG - SO5RAG
GSM: +47 48 22 44 21
BLOG: http://rag007.blogspot.com/
Member of: NRRL #LA-M 11387, WWYC#129,
LA2L Lillehammer Group of NRRL,
Croatian Telegraphy Club#540, WE4YL SCDC DX Club,PARA DX1PAR, Magellan Dx
group DX1M,LA-DX-GROUP, Digital Mode Club,
LN5O Ringsjoen Contest Club
WEB: www.la6fja.eu
Yahoo: stanley_vik_24
MSN: s-roabr at hotmail.com