[RTTY] Question for RTTY RU

Ken Eigsti diverken at chaffee.net
Mon Dec 1 19:08:28 EST 2008

Hi
I have sent 2 messages to the ARRL with no reply, so thought I would try
this forum

I was contemplating a serious effort in the RU in January and in reviewing
the Entry Categories, I have to assume that if you are a single operator you
cannot operate SO2R and receive assistance from telenet or DX Summit. By
receiving this assistance, you are placed into the Mutilioperator category
and rule 3.2.5 says "*Limited to 6 band changes (maximum) in any clock
hour". *This obviously eliminates SO2R as you would have many more "band
changes" in an hour.

Am I correct in assuming that there is no "Assisted" Single Operator
category where SO2R would be permitted? For SO2R, it is "unassisted" Single
Op or bumped to Multioperator?

Am I reading the rules correct?
73 Ken W0LSD