[RTTY] RFI Problems

Marc Tessier - VE3TES ve3tes at cogeco.ca
Sun Dec 7 17:50:53 EST 2008

Hello Group, I sadly was forced to miss the TARA RTTY MELEE, due to RFI problems, and with the ARRL RTTY RU just around the corner I must get this straightened out.

Allow me to give you a description of my operating conditions...

Rig - TS850
Antenna is R7 @ 55 Feet elevation
Interface is MFJ-1279
PC is Self assembled P4 @ 1.5Ghz
Software is either MMTTY 1.66G and or Writelog and the MMTTY Plug same version.

Now My problems seem to have started when I got rambunctious and decided to move my shack around a bit, by making items needed in the placement for a good contest station ... IE PC monitor in the center of rig and amp , it was to the far right...

All Items have been grounded to my ground bus as it was before, and all worked well then , but for some odd reason it will not allow me to run more than 50 Watts if I do I get a steady key up no diddles...

I have tried going back to 1.65B no difference so I don't think its a bug in 1.66G

I also added many torrids to various feed lines going to and from the interface and PC and the rig as well.

I have not even tried running my amp for fear of it locking down at 750 watts ...

I am lost and would like some help or if someone has gone through a similar situation I would really like to hear from you, what did you do to solve your RFI problems? Please don't tell me to put the shack back to the way it was, I really prefer to have it in its current arrangement. hi hi

Regards,

Marc Tessier - VE3TES

ve3tes at cogeco.ca
http://home.cogeco.ca/~ve3tes/