[RTTY] FSK interface circuit troubles

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Tue Dec 9 23:54:04 EST 2008

Al,

A USB to Serial converter is a hit-or-mis proposition. Many of them do not
provide enough current on the control signals to drive a transistor. If you
have a 'real' COM port to make the connection, give this a try with your
circuit. It will probably work just fine. If your computer has a LPT port,
this is a good alternative for PTT and FSK keying. It is the same circuit,
just wired to different pins on the dB25 connector.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN