[RTTY] OK RTTY VE3GSI SOAB LP

Eric - VE3GSI ve3gsi at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 23 11:53:23 EST 2008

Hi Ed and those following this thread,

> Several of the XE stations I worked were giving out serial numbers
> instead of CQ Zone.

The fellow that gave me grief was definitely in CQ Zone 6 and he was handing
out serial numbers when he wasn't trying to hijack my run frequency. Not a
major problem as, like most, I try to look on contesting as a fun game and
if someone wants the frequency more than me, there is a great big knob on my
rig that will get me away from the 'knob' at the other end. But this fellow
stomped me, did it three times and in my ball game that is definitely an
out.

Yes, there was at least one Op giving out an ITU zone instead of the CQ zone
the OK rules were wanting us to use. Us fellows here in Ontario can get away
with using the same number for both CQ and ITU zones, sort of the luck of
the draw I guess.

Regardless, I still had fun and as I have said before, RTTY Ops are real
gentlemen, not to forget the few ladies who join us in the weekend frenzies
and also make RTTY contesting a fun Radiosport.

Hey everyone, have a very Merry Christmas and may Santa bring you all
stocking full gear and good cheer.

73 from a very snowy Canada,
Eric - Ve3gsi.