[RTTY] OK RTTY VE3GSI SOAB LP

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Dec 23 13:56:18 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Fabi va2up <va2up at live.ca> wrote:

> I asked them to give me their 'zone'  (...I need your CQ Zone nr pse....) .
> Some did and got logged , others didn't and did not get logged. That's what I did.

Sometimes this can do more harm than good for the log checkers.  There
is the concept of "unstable exchanges".  If the received exchanges go
1, 2, 3, .... 104, 105, 106, etc. it's obvious that the station was
sending a serial number. If there are 6's thrown in there every now
and then, that can make the exchange even MORE unstable, and the log
checking software may not know what to do.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us
"Let Not Mankind Bogart Love" - Willie Nelson