[RTTY] Short Serial Numbers

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon Feb 11 06:09:06 EST 2008

ted at w4ze.com asked: "What should be done when a station send a less than 3
digit serial number when the rules call for serial numbers starting at 001?
If someone sends me
99, I make it 099 in the log.  Is this correct?"

And I will ask: "why ask for many opinions, that do not count, when a single
message to the contest manager or log checker, would get an answer, that
does matter? I had a situation of not receiving a confirmation of my log.
Did I ask how many others may have had the same situation...NO. A single
message, to the contest manager/log checker gave me the information that I
needed, without having to sift through various opinions. The opinions of the
reflector subscribers, are just that, nothing more. The opinions of the
contest manager/log checker, are the only ones that "really matter"?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW