[RTTY] RTTY WPX ZC4LI SOSB/20 HP

Tom Moore wx4tm at tm-moore.com
Wed Feb 13 13:09:46 EST 2008

The other side of that coin is that I had at least 10 or 15 'dupe' calls for
which "I knew perfectly well" had called me earlier and acknowledged my
report with my call correctly.. It really doesn't bother me too much because
I always work dupes (as fast as I can) and press on.  But I often wonder
..why? Whats going on here? Do they log my call wrong after working me
correctly? Did they just not log me at all? That's happend to me
ocassionally when in S&P mode (forget to hit the enter button). Some times
the caller will not send my call so I don't know what he logs and I'm not
about to interrupt a good run to attempt to 'make' him send my call! If I
call (S&P) someone and he says I'm a dupe. I instantly figure its his loss
and that I just have to get one more to replace him. I never argue with
them; just press on as fast as I can. All one can do ..is his best to ensure
the other station has your call correctly and you have and log his correctly
'when' you make the contact. Trying to do anything about it later is time
consuming 'always' costing you more time and less Q's. No one wins when
attempting to do that. Those who even think about sending 'B4' are setting
themselves up for lost QSOs.

Tom WX4TM