[RTTY] ZS8 Marion Island On RTTY soon!!?? - FALSE INFORMATION

Barry Murrell ZS2EZ zs2ez at zs2ez.co.za
Thu Feb 14 11:52:01 EST 2008

Hi All

It appears that the sources upon which I based my recent email in this
regard were hoaxes - I have been VERY reliably informed that my information
was way off the mark, for which I must apologise!

There appear to be numerous stories circulating surrounding pending
activation of Marion Island (ZS8). Although many of us are desperately
hoping for RTTY operation from ZS8, it appears that in many cases hopes and
aspirations are running ahead of actual facts!!

Bottom line: please totally disregard my recent mail regarding ZS8. Let's
wait for OFFICIAL announcements in this regard!

Again my apologies for the misinformation - like many others I was sucked in
by the hoax postings!! (Reading too many blogs can be bad for your health!!)

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Member: SARL - ARRL - SA AMSAT - PEARS
DXCC(mixed)#41,146  WAS(RTTY)#538