[RTTY] PSK TURNOVER SPEED...

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Wed Feb 20 13:30:15 EST 2008

Everyone has great things to say about the DX capabilities of PSK, but
as long as it is regarded as a "low-power" mode I don't think it will
catch on as a DX mode. The problem seems to be the accursed waterfall
that everyone likes to use. If you fire up in the PSK "band" with the
legal limit, you swamp out everyohne's waterfall and you are a Very Bad
Person.

Perhaps there needs to be a sub-band for HP where everyone uses narrow
RX filters? I would like to play with PSK for DXing, but not at 50
watts. Life's too short. :-)

73, Bill W6WRT