[RTTY] Screenshots of PropNet interference?

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Mon Feb 25 15:05:49 EST 2008

There are many screenshots on the web of Pactor III QRM, but I haven't
seen one showing PropNet QRM.

The PropNet stuff is very narrow band (PSK31) and the bursts are short
(the message refers you to a web page rather than passing a lot of
actual data), so the likelihood of it actually QRMing someone is
somewhat low.

PropNet is actually useful enough that they should initiate an FCC
petition asking for a small window that is dedicated for such
propagation studies.

Unlike Pactor III, there is no apparent monetary interests involved.
Seems to me to be just a bunch of amateurs who are playing with radio
techniques, using openly available software and hardware that both can
be homebrewed.

73
Chen, W7AY