[RTTY] N1MM and MMTTY setup

Alex Malyava alex.k2bb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:55:26 EST 2008

I think this is the place to pay attention to:

... everything seems to tune OK.  I can tune on a signal, see the signal
level, waterfall and XY tuning indicator appear
to work, but I don't get a really clean XY pattern.  The signal level seems
to be fine, well above the squelch setting in MMTTY and sometimes full
scale....

Tad,
You suppose to see twin-peaked RTTY signal on MMTTY screen.
Those peaks must be aligned with two white lines - more or less precisely,
but AFC will help you a little bit here.
Then you should see XY pattern pretty clearly. If it not the case - you need
to check the path how audio signal from your radio gets to the computer.
Is it connected to Line-In or Mic? What is the signal level? Do you have, by
any chance, "digital or mic boost " turned on? try to turn it off. Any
chance you get 60Hz buzz in that line? Listen to it with your headphones.

I dont know what else.