[RTTY] N1MM and MMTTY setup

Harry Coates wa8hc1 at charter.net
Fri Jan 4 12:52:47 EST 2008

Tad,
This might help..
1. Calibrate your sound card.
2. Calibrate your sound card..
3. Refur back to 1.

I use a Ten Tec Pegasus for RTTY, AFSK only FSK is not an option..

In MMTTY, click on Option>setup>misc>notch..
At Tap drop down choose any tap>show and see which give you the deepest notch  -60 / -70 db, Then OK.. Back on MMTTY screen click on NOT and move the marker between the two vertical peak lines..

Go to your C: drive, MMTTY folder, MMTTY.INI file..
Go down to shift= and edit that line to read:
shift=170,175,180,185,190,195,200
Then File>save and close..That's all the shifts you should need for our RTTY use.. If you need others put them back in the .ini file..Back to the MMTTY screen..

On the O Scope with FIR you can get Cross Hairs,
on PLL and IIR you will get Crossed Bananas..
Horizontal is Mark and Vertical is Space.. If the vertical is tipped clockwise of 12:00 toward 1:00
use a higher shift,to bring it up to 12:00.. This should help with better copy.. With FSK people are
stuck with thier radio adjustments and the shift may not be 170hz and that will put the Space higher than 2295.. With AFSK people may not have Calibrated thier Sound Card, same problem..

Don't worry,  this only adjusts RX and when you TX you will still be at 2125/170/2295..   GL TAD..

"TEN TEC FOREVER ES RTTY TOO"

C'ya later on my screen,

Harry      WA8HC

WA8HC1 at charter.net